New Foreigner Book!


a few hardcovers and pbs available from Closed Circle, signed. Latest: Moonlover and the Fountain of Blood, Jane Fancher short story. Chernevog, part 2 of the Rusalka trilogy co-written by CJ and Jane; and Orion's Children, a tetralogy from Lynn.

Welcome to the new look
Wave Without A Shore

It’s a work in progress but everything should work now


Seems logical, given a blood pressure incident…

to take a look at salt content. I spent a while yesterday going over our recipes and figuring out, well, yes, we could do better. Discoveries. Your intake should be around 1500 mg a day, up to 2300. Soy sauce is 920 a tablespoon. Wah! I'm going for the green label...

More trivia.

What address does Machigi accord Ilisidi and have they ever met face to face? Has Machigi ever met Tabini? What is the name of the current lord of the Senjin Marid? What is his capital? I'VE FOUND THIS ONE: It's Koperna, and his seaport, a distance away is Lusi'ei....

Well, cipro and coffee do not mix.

The saga: 1. extensive dental work with 5 courses of Clindamycin, which can just trash your defense against aggressive bugs. 2. by Christmas---ear complaints. Ignored, as, well, it's winter. 3. late February--worse ear complaints. Ignored, as, well, I'm real busy. 4....

Yesterday was our anniversary, and unlike last year, we remembered!

We went out for dinner last night at the local pub, which partly catered our wedding 'reception' aka party...and the head bartender, total surprise, bought us the most expensive dessert on the menu, a giant carrot cake slice which is super good... We trashed our diet....

Still battling the dizziness…

But I'm still on the course of meds for ear infection, which I do/did definitively have---took three trips to the doc before somebody actually looked at the problem and said, yep, that's an ear infection. But, oh, well. On the other front, I take thyroid meds for a...

Yard and fishies.

My tiny camera doesn't take great pix, but Jane has some, and between us we have pix that aren't hazy. This is, fwiw, the view from my workstation, and the quince is in bloom. THe shiny patch is reflection of light on the water. I have a great window. This is going on...

There are fishes!

It's been a long day---doc's appt at 8 am, they sent my prescription to the old pharmacy, not the new one, and we are about to track that down---ear problems. Being dizzy for two months is a pita. But the great news is, we have 6 koi. They're about 3" long in the body...

To register: sign up then e-mail me at the addy you can find above

I got about 15 'joins' last night, many with unlikely names, most from Russia, and not a personal letter to me in the lot, I'm sure. I did some clean-out of the approval queue last night and if you're a real person and got 'denied' write to me...otherwise I have to...

Ghosts in the pond…

I've seen them. Tricks of the water and the light that make me, from the corner of my eye, think I've seen one of our lost koi. because they were always part of my field of view from my workstation. The water is warm now, and Jane and I worked yesterday at installing...

Dave's Whizmatronic Widgulating Calibrational Scribometer


actively writing

21,086 of 120,000 words (18%) complete

Dave's Whizmatronic Widgulating Calibrational Scribometer

Alliance Rising

complete, under editing passes

107,252 of 120,000 words (89%) complete

Dave's Whizmatronic Widgulating Calibrational Scribometer

Alliance-Union History

Held for Closed-Circle until we turn in AR.

19,000 of 19,000 words (100%) complete

Dave's Whizmatronic Widgulating Calibrational Scribometer


in production phase

101,000 of 101,000 words (100%) complete