So—I’m out with the weedwhacker getting the weeds that grow between curb and street, and it’s rough, and chewing up string like it’s going out of style. Thank goodness I took a break and got the ones in the walk all the way to the porch, before I continued—and ran out of string. I know I have 2 extra spools, and that buying weedwhacker spools is like buying doll clothes and model trains—model matters, and it’s a pita getting new ones. Can the spools be found? Nay, of course not.
So…at least I got that. Changed Ari’s water. Daily. I hope I’m not delusional, but the wound looks just a tiny bit smaller. Perhaps it’s that the inflamation has gone. Or not. I’m not sure. But she eats like a horse. Just has a hole in her head the size of a quarter. Which may be trending smaller. Fish have amazing recuperative powers if you handle them with clean water and appropriate meds.
No more from the raccoon. But the water’s trending colder, too, and the fish are only active in high sunlight.
We’re making headway on the cleanup. I shredded some sunsetted records yesterday, several bags full: I’ll tell you, of household appliances, a good crosscut shredder that doesn’t overheat is an asset, in these days of identity theft.
The waterlilies are trying to bloom again: Jane waded in and fed them little tablets. This is a good thing.
And we can’t believe this weather. The 70′s, in mid-August. Winter may be interesting.