1. cleaned the office. That was major. Ever heard of the Augean Stables?
2. I filed all the stack of papers, and did, filed, and paid the quarterly business taxes.
3. I designated some stuff for the upcoming garage sale among the Methodists (the people who helped us with our garden last year.)
4. I put the 2×3′ bag of sponge bits into the waterfall filter to increase filtration area: a careful check of filter media said we were short, so that will help, I think. OTOH, when I squished it down into the filter it flooded a green gunky mess into my nice clear pond, so I am back to hosing out filters more than once a day. This involved a broom handle, all my weight, and two heavy rocks to make that dry sponge go friggin’ DOWN so I could get the lid on! But hopefully it will do better at keeping the pond algae-free.
5. the weather is blowing and cold again. Feels like early March. Definite sweatshirt weather.
6. got Jane’s prescription picked up, got some fluorescent paint marker to designate paths, because the Methodists are coming back!!! They show up with 20 people with a willingness to do things like lay paths, and we are so happy! We have a lot of stuff to donate to their garage sale…they raise money to take a Habitat for Humanity type operation down to Mexico to help build snug houses for people who need the help. It’s a good cause.
7. and I got the car tires. I get to count the fact I called Jane and we went to Swinging Door for lunch, because it means dinner will just be a salad tonight and my cooking work is already handled for the day. so 7 1/2.
8…now I get to get down to regular writing. Cept my back is having small protests over the wrestling job with the sponge sack, and I ate a wee bit too much at SD. But I’ll live!